Re: opera

On 14/12/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 15:44 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> The next version of Eudura will be TB-based, and will work on Linux. I
> am waiting for that almost like I am waiting for my first born (wife
> is in her ninth month).

TB as in Thunderbird?  I have to ask why?  Why clone Thunderbird, when
you could use Thunderbird.  It'd probably copy the worst aspects of it.

Yes, as in Thunderbird. They are not cloning it, though. It is rumored
to be a base TB with Eudora features as extensions. The current owners
of Eudora see no monetary revenue from it (not enough to justify it's
further development, at least) and so instead of adandoning the
project, are porting it's features to an open source project. As
Eudora really is probably the best email client in existance (it is
basically everything that was described in your previous post) I'm
very exited. Put it this way: it's good enough that people pay to run
it in wine, with all that is available for linux today for free.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/microsoft.html
http://technology-sleuth.com/technical_answer/what_is_a_firewall.html