Re: opera

On 10/12/06, roland <roland@xxxxxx> wrote:
I think you understood this wrongly. Opera makes a file for every email,
which end with .mbs.

Hmm, I'm surprised they started doing this. I'd ask in the Opera
forums how you could most easily convert them to mbox, although if you
don't have too many than right-clicking them in Opera doesn't sound
too bad.

If you want to import these you have import every
file seperately. This works but..Imagine what a job!

If it's every file individually, then yes. I'd head straight to the
Opera forums.

So right-mouse-clicking is the only way, to my opinion.

Nowedays I store every mail as a .ps(printjob) in seperated
subject-directories. Therefore I will be independant from mail clients ( I
am sick of those compatiblity issues)

What?!?

Or am I wrong?

Roland, my friend, you are wrong. :)
I agree that you _must_ store the mail in an open, documented file
format that is not encoumbered by proprietary licensing and
bs,bs,bs...
That's why you should store the mail in Plain Text- UTF-8 encoded
preferably. That's exacly what the mbox format is, a plain text file
of all you emails (in a given folder) seperated by two newlines and
their own headers. This is a very standard format, and everything that
I know of (Except Outlook and possibly Eudora) support it. In a dire
emergency, you could even open them in pine or vi (or nano!).

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/bios.html
http://essentialinux.com/konqueror.php