Re: OT: delay in posting on the list

I wrote:
> On current, updated FC6 SpamAssasssin, FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS is changed to
> need at least *eight* digits to fire, at least if I read
> From:addr =~ /\D\d{8,}\@/i
> correctly.

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht replied:
> Carp it really isn't going to like the version of my address that
> contains the date and the time.

Stick a non-numeric character between the date and the time and it won't
fire...

> I only use it for usenet or mailing
> list postings but still it is nice to know that maybe I should stop
> tagging things so precisely.  (It is amusing to track which groups and
> lists spammers glom onto for their addresses, but if it now looks
> questionable to spamassasin, I guess I'll have to stop.)

Hmm. I used to have the "@" at the beginning of the second line in my
signature. At least one spammer put together the last word of the first
line with the domain at the beginning of the second one to make up a
completely imaginary e-mail address.

But then I've got a spam around somewhere where the spammer attached part
of his mailing list to the spam. It contains a bunch of message-IDs, a
number of obviously obfuscated addresses (ja...@xxxxxxxxxxx), a number
of *other* spammer's opt-out addresses (ha!) and such well-known
top-level domains as .au-01102248737, .h05, .e9f59f40 and .mac...

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | "We completely deny the allegations, and we're trying to
aprilcottage.co.uk | identify the alligators."