Re: OT: delay in posting on the list

I wrote:
> The underscore *and* the 2001 in your username is always going to look
> like a spammer's way of tracking spam.

George replied:
> Sorry about the name, everyone.  When I signed on, it
> was assigned automatically.  I entered my name and it
> tacked on the year and issued that as my account...
> Maybe I should see about changing it?

I should have clarified that.

On current, updated FC6 SpamAssasssin, FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS is changed to
need at least *eight* digits to fire, at least if I read
From:addr =~ /\D\d{8,}\@/i
correctly.

(My SpamAssassin install doesn't fire this rule on your e-mails).

FROM_HAS_ULINE_NUMS does fire, but by default it only adds between 0.21
and 0.31 to the spam score unless both Bayes *and* network tests are
turned off. (Then it gets 0.744.) By default you need a spam score of 5
before you're blocked.

So it looks *slightly* spammy, but it will take a lot more before you
get blocked.

I wouldn't worry.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | "I would like to apologise to the relatives of the fan
aprilcottage.co.uk | who gave me 29 books to sign in Odyssey 7, Manchester.