Re: OT: delay in posting on the list

George Arseneault wrote:
> Lately, I've noticed that my posts don't show up for a
> long time on the list. Obviously, I'm using yahoo.
>
> Is this a problem with yahoo or the list?

Yahoo seems to be *asking* for its users' e-mails to be discarded as
spam recently. I just fished a couple of e-mails from a Yahoo-using
friend out of my spam-box. The morons at Yahoo had included an advert at
the bottom saying "Tired of ----- come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect
you." The "-----" was the name of the most-commonly spammed drug, with
"a"s replaced by "@"s. Not surprisingly, SpamAssassin picked this up as
being spam-like.

In your headers, I see

That's pretty high. Evidently Yahoo's naming has confused
FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD and RCVD_IN_DYNABLOCK. The underscore *and* the 2001
in your username is always going to look like a spammer's way of
tracking spam. But it looks like Yahoo's got one of its mailservers in
at least SORBS.

Has anyone else spotted this with Yahoo?

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Computer, did we bring batteries? Computer?
aprilcottage.co.uk |     -- Eileen Gunn, "Very Short Story"