Re: Webcam with FC6

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 2:49 am, Ric Moore wrote:

> Well, I didn't use the rpms to get mine working. I just grabbed the
> gspca tarball, compiled it, it did the depmod stuff automatically
> at the end of the compile, really slick!, then I fired up kopete
> (installed with KDE) and opened it's config / video and there I was
> looking back at myself. That's all it took. So, if you can recall
> all the rpms you installed and can erase them, grab the tarball and
> compile it. If you upgrade your kernel, you'll have to re make the
> package again. Ric

Ric.

Sorry to trouble you again, but I have a problem. I wonder if you
would please advise me what to do?

I have done a fresh basic KDE installation on my spare hard drive.

The un-tarring of gspca went OK, as did the ./configure.

However, make stopped with the error message:

/lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2798.fc6/build   No such file or directory

There is an empty file called build, but it has a question mark on it.

I haven't a clue what to do about it. The kernel headers are
installed, but I am wondering if there is another package which
should have been installed, but is missing. I'm probably wrong,
though!

I would be using the standard  ./configure,make, make install - if
that is correct.

Many thanks

Keith