Re: Webcam with FC6

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 10:41 +0000, Keith Powell wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 December 2006 7:09 am, Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 10:52 +0000, Keith Powell wrote:
> > > I did the kmod-gspca as you suggested, but there is no
> > > difference. The web cam still isn't found. If it's of any
> > > importance, there are no 'video' folder or files in /dev.
> > >
> > > I have also tried twice doing new installations on a spare hard
> > > drive and trying to install the web cam again, with, and without
> > > the kernel version. No success. That is why I haven't sent this
> > > reply earlier.
> > >
> > > I'm completely at a loss what to do next, as I *don't* want to
> > > fire XP up every time I want to use the web cam.
> >
> > Did you get it running yet? Ric
>
> No Ric
>
> After *very* many hours of trying, I have come to a complete halt in
> trying to get it working.

Well, I didn't use the rpms to get mine working. I just grabbed the
gspca tarball, compiled it, it did the depmod stuff automatically at the
end of the compile, really slick!, then I fired up kopete (installed
with KDE) and opened it's config / video and there I was looking back at
myself. That's all it took. So, if you can recall all the rpms you
installed and can erase them, grab the tarball and compile it. If you
upgrade your kernel, you'll have to re make the package again. Ric