Re: cpu overheating

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 21:41 -0500, Mike Chalmers wrote:
> My cpu just overheated again while I was using Linux. This time I was
> browsing the web. I am back into Windows to post this. It does not
> over heat in Windows.

My guess would be that your system is on the verge of overheating, and
there just happens to be a bit more a system load, overall, on your
installation of Linux than Windows (other things happening in the
background, as well).

The other guess might be that the warning is bogus.  It's not
overheating, but the threshold for the sensor is wrong.

I read messages from the public lists.