Re: Rebuild initrd to get dev-mapper working

Hadders wrote:
<snip>
Then I can't see how this will solve my problem, theoretically.

I was running the stock kernel, the RAID container was working, I downloaded and installed the latest kernel, rebooted and it couldn't mount root.

Hmmm, I will try anyway, because I'm not sure what else I can do.

A remote possibility is that if mkinitrd was updated at the same time the new kernel was available, then going back to the mkinitrd version in effect at the time of the working kernel *may* help (as long as the problem is not in the new kernel itself).

rpm -U --oldpackage mkinitrd-<previous version>.rpm

If nash was updated also, then also:
rpm -U --oldpackage nash-<version that goes with previous mkinitrd>.rpm

Then rerun mkinitrd.

HTH, good luck.
--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)