From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Gene Heskett
Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2006 9:22 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Mike - EMAIL IGNORED
Subject: Re: Do I need monitor, mouse, keyboard?

On Saturday 02 December 2006 08:41, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
>On the box on which I run Apache and a few
>other daemons, I virtually never use the
>monitor, keyboard, or mouse.  I maintain
>the box over ssh.  Is there any reason I
>have to keep these peripherals plugged in
>to the box?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>Mike

They don't seem to be needed until something goes aglay and you need a
local console to troubleshoot.  That said, I've seen some bios's tha
would not proceed if the keyboard was unplugged.  Dumb bios IMO.

I'm running DD-WRT on an old 500MHZ Compaq, completely headless.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)