Re: looking for a way to shift evolution mail and all settings from FC4 to FC6

Tim:
>> What I haven't managed to figure out, or find an answer to, is how to shift his
>> evolution mail, contacts, settings, etc., over to the new box.  Copying
>> the .evolution folder over hasn't done the trick.

Ski Dawg:
> You are right. Just copying the .evolution folder will only get the
> messages, but not the settings.
>
> I got some links for doing this from the evolution mail list. Someone (I
> can't remember who), has written a script to backup your current mail
> and settings into a tar file. Then you can move the tar file over,
> follow its instructions, and everything will be restored. I have used
> this several times with great success.
>
> http://www.tux-planet.fr/blog/?2006/05/19/76-evolution-backup-script
> (scroll down for the English version)

Thanks for that, I managed to do it by copying the other directories and
files, it outlined, between the two drives.

--
Test running FC6 & FC5, and still using FC4.
I delete all private mail, unseen.  I read from the list.