Re: looking for a way to shift evolution mail and all settings from FC4 to FC6

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:25:00 +1030, Tim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm moving a friend's box from FC4 to FC6, by way of a completely fresh
> installation onto another hard drive.  That part's been done.  What I
> haven't managed to figure out, or find an answer to, is how to shift his
> evolution mail, contacts, settings, etc., over to the new box.  Copying
> the .evolution folder over hasn't done the trick.  The import feature
> doesn't seem to want to know about importing from evolution, just other
> mail clients.  Can anybody point in the right direction?
>
> I do have a local IMAP server that I can pipe mail through, but that
> doesn't sort out other issues (maintaining account set up details,
> etc.).
>
> --
> Test running FC6 & FC5, and still using FC4.
> I delete all private mail, unseen.  I read from the list.

Look in

~/.gconf/apps/evolution

Everybody in his right mind would think the evolution stuff is all
contained in ~/.evolution. Evolution, however, is... different. I cursed a
lot at the world, trying to figure this same thing out a while back, till
some kind soul had mercy on me.