Re: How to configure wireless network card

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 11:47 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>
> > Did you "chkconfig NetworkManager on" (so it starts at boot) and
> > "chkconfig netowrk off" (so NM manages the network) and "service network
> > stop" and "service NetworkManager start"?
>
> I didn't chkconfig NM on, I just ran "service NetworkManager restart".
> Does it really have to start at boot-time?
> Also I didn't stop the network service,
> since it does not say one should do that in what little documentation
> accompanies NM in Fedora.
>
> I'll try both.
> Thanks.

NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher should be running at boot
time and network should not be running. From From what  you say I assume
you don't have NeworkManagerDispatcher running. That
must be running.
NM FAQ:
 http://live.gnome.org/DarrenAlbers/NetworkManagerFAQ

--