Re: How to configure wireless network card

Aaron Konstam wrote:

> Configuration is done through nm-applet which on FC6 runs automatically
> at boot to produce an icon in the right side of the upper panel. Did you
> try to use that? I use it on my WEP encrypted access points and it works
> fairly well. The latest version also does LEAP authentication.

No nm-applet icon appeared in my panel.
I do have a program /usr/bin/nm-applet
which came with the NetworkManager-gnome.
When I ran nm-applet a space appeared in my panel,
as though something was trying to show itself,
but nothing actually appeared.
I'm running KDE - maybe NM only runs under Gnome?

>> I googed for an NM tutorial or FAQ but had no joy.
> The faq is at:
> http://live.gnome.org/DarrenAlbers/NetworkManagerFAQ

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

--