Re: Problems with ipw2200 wireless in FC6

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:

Matthew,

Em Segunda 04 Dezembro 2006 09:56, Matthew Saltzman escreveu:
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:

Yes, I use the knetworkmanager, which is the same. No problem in
connecting to wireless networks when the card is correctly shown as eth1,
but it halts for a while when getting the IP address from DHCP if the NIC
is shown as __tmp1804289383 and then it stays off-line.

yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update initscripts.  Then reboot.

You should not need the /etc/iftab file I described before.

Thanks very much for your help, that did solve the problem.
I think that this other one has probably nothing to do with the initscripts,
but I still get the __tmp1804289383 device when I wake up the notebook from
suspend to RAM. Do you know if there's a way to get the wireless NIC working
without rebooting after suspending?

I'm not seeing this problem (at least not to date).

Do you have HWADDR lines in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth*?
If not, open system-config-network, select each interface and edit it, select the Hardware tab on the pop-up window, click Probe, then close that window and save the results.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Marcelo

--