Re: Problems with ipw2200 wireless in FC6

Matthew,

Em Segunda 04 Dezembro 2006 09:56, Matthew Saltzman escreveu:
> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> >> First I assume you installed the  ipw2200-firmware rpm. You are not
> >> trying to run network and NetworkManager at the same time. That produced
> >> bad karma. I would suggest you stop network and just run NetworkManager
> >> and NetworkDispatcher in the /etc/init.d directory.
> >
> > They were all running, I had just turned on NetWorkManager without
> > turning off network, didn't realize they shouldn't be run at the same
> > time. However, even so, sometimes the ipw2200 card is still shown as
> > __tmp1804289383, with the same behavior described in the previous e-mail.
> > Is there any thing else I should try?
> >
> >> Then configure your wireless using the nm-applet which should start up
> >> automatically at boot. An icon will appear in the right side of the
> >> upper panel. Right click on it to choose your access point and configure
> >> it. You should unconfigure your wireless setup if you used s-c-n or
> >> iwconfig to configure it.
> >
> > Yes, I use the knetworkmanager, which is the same. No problem in
> > connecting to wireless networks when the card is correctly shown as eth1,
> > but it halts for a while when getting the IP address from DHCP if the NIC
> > is shown as __tmp1804289383 and then it stays off-line.
>
> yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update initscripts.  Then reboot.
>
> You should not need the /etc/iftab file I described before.

Thanks very much for your help, that did solve the problem.
I think that this other one has probably nothing to do with the initscripts,
but I still get the __tmp1804289383 device when I wake up the notebook from
suspend to RAM. Do you know if there's a way to get the wireless NIC working
without rebooting after suspending?

Thanks,

Marcelo