Re: Problems with ipw2200 wireless in FC6

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:

First I assume you installed the  ipw2200-firmware rpm. You are not
trying to run network and NetworkManager at the same time. That produced
bad karma. I would suggest you stop network and just run NetworkManager
and NetworkDispatcher in the /etc/init.d directory.

They were all running, I had just turned on NetWorkManager without turning off
network, didn't realize they shouldn't be run at the same time. However, even
so, sometimes the ipw2200 card is still shown as __tmp1804289383, with the
same behavior described in the previous e-mail. Is there any thing else I
should try?

Then configure your wireless using the nm-applet which should start up
automatically at boot. An icon will appear in the right side of the
upper panel. Right click on it to choose your access point and configure
it. You should unconfigure your wireless setup if you used s-c-n or
iwconfig to configure it.

Yes, I use the knetworkmanager, which is the same. No problem in connecting to
wireless networks when the card is correctly shown as eth1, but it halts for
a while when getting the IP address from DHCP if the NIC is shown as
__tmp1804289383 and then it stays off-line.

yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update initscripts.  Then reboot.

You should not need the /etc/iftab file I described before.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu