Re: Intel SATAII RAID 0 config

Alan wrote:
Alan
   How do I access the ITE volume? dmraid didn't list it....

If your have the raid firmware on your IT8212 then the raid volume will
appear as /dev/hda /dev/hdb or similar and be listed as a RAID volume in
the boot messages. dmraid handles software raid so doesn't see these
volumes.
okay, that is listed, comes out as hde and dmesg says that there is an IT8212 with one RAID 1 volume.

Seeing that there is only one volume shown, I assume I just interact with that like it is a normal disk? so I can create an ext3 partition for backup....

Thanks