Re: Intel SATAII RAID 0 config

Alan wrote:
On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:00:30 +0800
Hadders <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes.  I've found the ITE IT8212F raid driver at the ITE website. There's
a src header and c file for the 2.6 kernel series.

I assume I rebuild my kernel with this driver and then access it using what?

The ITE IT8212 is already supported in the standard kernel, including the
hardware raid suppoort (its unusual in that with raid firmware the raid is
actually hardware). Generally however software raid outperforms it and is
also much more reliable as many versions of the IT8212 raid firmware are
a bit touchy.

Alan

How do I access the ITE volume? dmraid didn't list it....

Thanks