Re: firefox slow rendering (e.g. wikipedia)

Ian Malone wrote:
> taharka wrote:
>> How do again,

>>> Could you elaborate on how that fixes FF slowness on javaScript sites?
>>> To make it clear: I need Gmail *with* javaScript enabled. Blocking
>>> javaScript is not a solution when javaScript is necessary or just nice
>>> to have.
>>
>> I suggest you go to the link Scott provided you & read the documentation
>> for that extension for yourself. If it's still unclear, there's a link
>> to the authors site. His site will tell you anything you want to know
>> regarding the noscript extension ;-) Plus, you can email him.
>>

> I'd agree Clodoaldo's response wasn't really necessary,
> however he's right that the JavaScript heavy sites tend
> to be ones like Gmail that need it.  I'm also not really
> happy with use Konqueror/Opera/A Mac type answers because
> I know FF on the same machine under windows works fine,
> and I doubt that it's windows causing the difference.
>
> I've just tried the binary version of 1.5.0.8 from
> Mozilla and it won't run (seemingly library problems),
> maybe I'll give 2.0 a go.

Get the Firefox 2.0 from Mozilla. It is much improved over 1.5.0.8 and
the Mozilla Firefox runs and displays much faster than the Fedora rpms.

After you have installed Firefox run it from a terminal window and it
will tell you what compat library file it is missing.

yum what provides <name>

will tell you the exact name of the compat library package that you need
to install.

- --

  David