Re: firefox slow rendering (e.g. wikipedia)

2006/11/30, Ian Malone <ibmalone@xxxxxxxxx>:
Okay, I've had this problem for a while and I'm beginning
to wonder why.

Firefox sometimes responds very slowly, especially when
rendering Wikipedia and a few other pages (mostly wikis
actually). I don't mean connecting to the internet, I mean
responding to the user; e.g. I run a mouse gestures
extension which can become unusable with a couple
of Wikipedia tabs open. Booting the same machine into
Windows Me and running Firefox I don't have this problem.
System is FC5, Athlon 1.3GHz, 1GB RAM, GeForce 3 Ti200
with Nvidia drivers.

So:
Does anyone else have this problem?

I have. Any site javascript intensive makes FF consume 100% CPU for a
few seconds at each click. Gmail is one of them.

I'm also on FC5. Athlon XP2100, 768 MB ram.

--
Clodoaldo Pinto Neto