Re: Can an LCD display be damaged by the wrong display output?

Rick Bilonick wrote:
I'd reboot with it plugged in and see if I got the console...far easier than a trip to the shop... ;)

--
Although I may have destroyed the monitor, the computer and graphics
card continue to work perfectly.

How difficult and expensive would it be to diagnose and fix? Would it be
better just to buy a new monitor? This had to happen just at the time I
need the monitor most.

Rick B.

With all the RF shields and fragile wiring harnesses in one display I examined internally and did get working for a bit, I say it depends upon your patience and if you can deal with fragile components fairly well. The surface mounted components need special tool to remove. Also unless you have good schematics and tools, it would be a shot in the dark at best.

Jim

--
"Intelligence without character is a dangerous thing."
-- G. Steinem