Re: can't play avi file

On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 21:57 -0800, Darlene Wallach wrote:

> I'll have to see where the macromedia lib files are on my system.
> Thanks for the heads-up. I'm pretty sure I have flash from FC. I
> use Mozilla vs Firefox (I don't like horizontal scroll that
> Firefox uses on the dialogue boxes. I prefer vertical scroll that
> Mozilla uses on the dialogue boxes.) I have Java from Sun not
> from FC.

I had no luck with the FC flash. Especially since some sites require
version 9 now. http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/
... is where it's at. Just copy that file into the same locations. I've
never heard of the horizontal / vertical scrolling issue. You're running
FC3?

> > I also have mediaplayerconnectivity extension installed for playback of
> > audio/video added to firefox. Seems to work very well with an all-in-one
> > setup that is linux aware by searching for all of your apps installed! I
> > also use Ook to capture streams. It works well, too. That's about all I
> > have done to get my setup to do most any file.
>
> I don't know if Mozilla has the same mediaplayerconnectivity extension
> as Firefox. I do have a plugin for MPlayer so mp3 files and videos
> start mplayer in my browser. I have never heard of Ook.

I didn't have as much luck with the mplayer plugin as I do with
'mediaplayerconnectivity" I hope you find a version of it. Ook is just a
little plugin with an icon that you can click on to capture the streams
you are viewing. Pretty nifty. I just grabbed a bunch of Primus videos
from youtube. Mr. Krinkle is still one of my faves, at 57 years old!
<grins> So is "Trippin' the Rift".  Ric