Re: can't play avi file

Ric Moore wrote:
On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 23:51 -0800, Darlene Wallach wrote:

Lonni J Friedman wrote:

On 11/24/06, Darlene Wallach <freepalestin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)?,?% 0 0

MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: vo_check_events
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a
possible bug.
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x6a)!
[end output from mplayer]

This looks highly unlikely to be a mplayer problem.  You've got some
kind of X resource problem.  Where can we get this file?

Lonni,

Here is the link to the low-res 539MB file I downloaded:
http://videoarch1.s-inf.de/FP.2005-SS-Giesl.(COt).HD_Videoaufzeichnung/2005-SS-FP.V01.2005-04-12.HDV_low.avi

I got it to start playing some file about the german language, then I
got an error message stating that the site was taking too long to
respond. So, it might be on their end. Ric

It is a video of a session of a course on Haskell, a functional
programming language, at a German University.

I'm very disappointed I can't play the videos on my computer. I
was looking forward to watching the videos to learn more about
Haskell. Someone who has watched some of the videos recommends
them highly.

Darlene