Re: Problem with Samsung SyncMaster215tw

Jim Patterson wrote:
Following is part of the output from the Xorg.0.log file. I see a number of out of range values.
I checked the xorg.conf file
and the
InputDevice   "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
was in there after reboot. The one thing I have found out is that the only resolutions I can use are 1600x1200 and 1280x1024. Everything else drops the bottom tray off of the screen and I can't see it even if I scroll. I have the system setup to login via init 3, but I'm not sure that it matters. I reset the resolution to 1280x1024 rebooted logged in as user ran startx, everything was fine logged and then ran startx again and the mouse pointer was gone. So I have no idea what is going on here. The only solution I've found is to reboot.

Jim,

I looked through your log output and a couple of things came to mind.
The log seems to say there's an analog connection (possibly to a
CRT). Are you using an analog connection or DVI? I wonder if there's
a lower max resolution if using an analog connection.

Also, just noticed you have the DisplaySize explicitly set in your
xorg.conf file. Are you sure those are the correct values? It might
be worth a try to comment that line out and let the size be
auto-detected if possible.

--Kenny