Re: Problem with Samsung SyncMaster215tw

gary wrote:

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 03:40 -0600, Jim Patterson wrote:
I have been trying to get the screen to X window to fit with my screen, but have not had any luck when using Fedora 6. I works fine with RHEL 4 but after installation of F6 I haven't been able to get the screen to match up. I have played around some with the H-sync and V-sync but have not been able to find one where I can see the tray at the bottom. This is a 1680x1050 resolution screen, but the best I can get is 1440x900 which still has the problem with the vertical being too large.

I also have been having trouble with the mouse disappearing when I try different resolutions.

My xorg.conf file
-------------------------------
# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
       Identifier     "single head configuration"
       Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier  "Keyboard0"
       Driver      "kbd"
       Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
       Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier  "Mouse0"
       Driver      "mouse"
       Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
       Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
       Option      "XaxisMapping" "4 5"
       Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

       Identifier   "Monitor0"
       ModelName    "SyncMaster 215TW"
       DisplaySize  450        280
### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
       HorizSync    30.0 - 80.0
       VertRefresh  56.0 - 75.0
       Option      "dpms"
EndSection
Section "Device"
       Identifier  "Videocard0"
       Driver      "nv"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
       Identifier "Screen0"
       Device     "Videocard0"
       Monitor    "Monitor0"
       DefaultDepth     24
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     24
Modes "1280x800" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" *********** "640x480"
       EndSubSection
EndSection

    Try adding -  "1680x1050" - to Modes   -----gary

I've tried that and it doesn't help. I've also noticed that whenever I logout and then log back in I lose my mouse. I mean it is still there, I can mouse over stuff and see a response, but I can't see the pointer.