   * From: Gilboa Davara <gilboad gmail com>
  * To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list redhat com>
   * Subject: Re: FC6 Can't Find PCI Bus Devices
   * Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:03:27 +0200

On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 17:50 -0800, Andy Schlei wrote:
I am trying to install a clean version of FC6 on a PII 850 2 processor box.

On boot from the CD, Fedora does not detect anything on the PCI bus. It fails to find the monitor and does not find the network card, etc.

Moving to an alternate terminal, I tried doing lspci -v and received no output. I tried lspci -H 2 and it listed all of the PCI devices. So somehow, this information is not making it to the kernel for use.

I have tried every combination of PCI setup on the bios: PNP OS = Y, reset data=yes, etc.

It is an Tyan Tiger 133 V1.05, Award BIOS 6.00 PG, BIOS date 7/29/2000 (the latest one available from Tyan).

I tired booting off of the FC5 rescue disc and had the same problem. I did not have the problem with FC4.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Check the kernel log, does it boot with acpi?
If so, try adding acpi=no to the kernel command line. (/etc/grub.conf)

- Gilboa

View Athlete?s Collections with Live Search http://sportmaps.live.com/index.html?source=hmemailtaglinenov06&FORM=MGAC01