Re: Q re junkmail from system

On Monday 27 November 2006 03:03, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Monday 27 November 2006 00:21, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Collect the 200 and goto boardwalk.  Or Park Place.
>>
>> What was happening was that when I rebuilt my filters in kmail, I
>> neglected to make a stopper filter to dispose of whatever fell thru
>> the main list so it wouldn't fall thru into sa-learn. So all the
>> system stuff was hitting sa-learn, which of course procedes to wipe
>> out the message.
>>
>> Duh!
>
>It's never wise to filter to /dev/null until you have tested it by
> filtering to a folder.  I use Local > Wastebin for this.  It's a
> moment's job, once a day, to check for false positives.  I'm glad to
> say that they are a rare thing now, and bogofilter is doing a splendid
> job.
>
>Anne

Its not bogofilter that I know of, spamassassin (spamc/spamd) in use here.
I have 3 folders for its use. Ham and Spam for the obvious sa-learn
reasons, and JunqueMail for the results.  And I haven't had an FP in
weeks.  Some of the one & two liners from the pron folks get thru but
thats about it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)