misuse of yum and how do I fix it

I tried to install jahshaka, and did not know that yum only worked with
rpm files
Other information is that I downloaded a package  jahshaka from the
site. I still want to install it but basically though I need to release
it from yum, my system is not able to update. Can anyone tell me what to
do to resolve this;

When I try to update or remove software I get this error from pirute:
Cannot open read .xml file for repository jahshaka
when I want to use yum from the terminal for anything I get errors
similar to this
Cannot open read .xml file for repository jahshaka

 http://repo.jahshaka.org/fedora/6/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:

or
[root@localhost alexap]# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
http://repo.jahshaka.org/fedora/6/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14]
HTTP Error 404: Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:17:22 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)

Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: jahshaka
[root@localhost alexap]#