Re: New to Fedora, struggling with wireless

Matthew:

still no success.

I followed all your steps in the right order.
After I rebooted, the Devices tab was empty and the
Hardware tab had one item, but not of type wireless.

When I did
rpm -qV kernel ,
nothing happened, and this puzzles me a bit. I did not
verify the kernel files and the stock drivers as you
recommended in step 1, because I did not know how to
do it.

As usual, below is the log of what I have done
(perhaps not very informative, but better than
nothing).

Thanks for helping so patiently,

Cecilia
----------------
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -qV kernel
[root@localhost ~]# system-config-network
[root@localhost ~]# emacs /etc/modprobe.conf &
[1] 3413
[root@localhost ~]#

modprobe.conf before:

alias scsi_hostadapter ata_piix
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-hda-intel index=0
remove snd-hda-intel { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0
>/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r
--ignore-remove snd-hda-intel
alias eth2 e100
alias eth4 3c501

modprobe.conf after:

alias scsi_hostadapter ata_piix
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-hda-intel index=0
remove snd-hda-intel { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0
>/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r
--ignore-remove snd-hda-intel

[root@localhost ~]# dmesg | grep ipw*
[root@localhost ~]#