Re: anaconda hangs during Fedora Core 6 upgrade attempt

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 21:51:01 -0500
Bruce Feist <bfeist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

darren holland wrote:
i had problems with that. it could be the dvd images are bad.

I've tried with another image from another site; cmp says that they're identical, and I'm getting no better results. I think I'll try cutting a DVD on another computer using different software to see if that helps.

Andre Costa wrote:

I recall someone saying here on this list that he had to wait 40-50min
before his upgrade from FC4 -> FC6 even _started_, so this might not be
a media problem at all.

I let it sit overnight hoping that it would continue -- no luck.  Alas!

Bruce