Re: [OT] Protest the Novell-Microsoft Agreement - Sign Bruce Perens petition

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 18:05 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 24 November 2006 09:45, Craig White wrote:
> >Protest the Microsoft-Novell Patent Agreement
> >
> >self explanatory
> >
> >http://techp.org/petition/show/1
> >
> >Craig
>
> Been there, done that, didn't add my name.  Having to make an account with
> enough data to double the incoming spam if it should be sold/stolen, I
> backed out.
>
> Frankly, there are tools that can identify the os and browser, at least as
> what the user has them set for.  If they want my signature on any of that
> stuff, they can jolly well quit collecting data on me just for the
> priviledge of typing my name.  Knowing with a reasonable certainty that
> I'm running linux should be sufficient, and one of those gfx icons we
> have to decode to prove we ain't a web crawler by reading and entering
> whats in the picture should be enough.  If it isn't - tough.
>
> Novell is convinced they are pissing downwind, but my money is that the
> fan giving them a sense of security will be turned off.
----
suit yourself, I didn't post this because it warranted debate.

I gather that you don't know who Bruce Perens is and to solve that, you
could go to wikipedia.org or simply Google the name. If you knew who he
was and still wanted to spout the above paranoia, I would be surprised.

Sometimes, if you want to be counted, you have to give up a little bit
of your anonymity, but again, sign on or don't sign on, it's your
choice.

Craig