Re: [OT] Protest the Novell-Microsoft Agreement - Sign Bruce Perens petition

On Friday 24 November 2006 09:45, Craig White wrote:
>Protest the Microsoft-Novell Patent Agreement
>
>self explanatory
>
>http://techp.org/petition/show/1
>
>Craig

Been there, done that, didn't add my name.  Having to make an account with
enough data to double the incoming spam if it should be sold/stolen, I
backed out.

Frankly, there are tools that can identify the os and browser, at least as
what the user has them set for.  If they want my signature on any of that
stuff, they can jolly well quit collecting data on me just for the
priviledge of typing my name.  Knowing with a reasonable certainty that
I'm running linux should be sufficient, and one of those gfx icons we
have to decode to prove we ain't a web crawler by reading and entering
whats in the picture should be enough.  If it isn't - tough.

Novell is convinced they are pissing downwind, but my money is that the
fan giving them a sense of security will be turned off.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)