Re: Printing with OpenOffice

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 14:33, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 08:38 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Its not there, for either writer or spreadsheet, screenshot attached if
> > it makes it.
>
> I asked the maintainer and he says it'll be because you aren't using
> GNOME and the GTK+ print dialog isn't used in that case.

Even though gnome etc is installed?  Hmm.

When I first tried to print from it the print queue that announces itself as
installed by hal was the only one on which I could change the properties, and
on which the print button wasn't greyed out.  Once I had changed some
properties that too became greyed out.  So far I haven't managed to find any
way to print from this install of OOo.

I had printing working, if not perfectly, from OOo2 under FC4.

I should also say that  have only remote printers.  I'm guessing that OOo
needs something more to communicate with them.

Anne