Re: FC5 S/W Raid Rebuilding to Infiinity(and beyond!)

At 1:42 PM +0000 11/21/06, Nigel Wade wrote:
>In order to fix my system I used the following steps.
>
>The first step is to take the offending filesystem offline. Then I copied the
>existing partition onto the good disk using dd, with the noerror option so it
>would continue past read errors. In my case I knew that the read error was not
>part of the actual filesystem in use because it passed fsck. ...

The read error may have been in free space, or it may have been in file
data.  Some of the files may be corrupt now.
TonyN.:'    The Great Writ     <mailto:tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      '      is no more.             <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>