Re: Missing mplayer libraries (SOLVED)

Ian Malone:
>>> The 'correct' solution seems to be to use chcon -t texrel_shlib_t on
>>> every file that has this problem (use dmesg to hunt them down).

Tim:
> > I'm not sure I'd do that on "every" file that generates that warning.
> > Some of them probably shouldn't be allowed to do that, that's why
> > there's a restriction for that sort of thing.

Ian Malone:
> I'm sure you're right, but I have no idea even what I'm allowing
> them to do, and very little incentive to invest the time in SELinux
> to find out how to make the decision. (And I'm sure that path
> ends up with me trying to security audit every package on my
> home machine which would be craziness.)

If you don't have time to get it right, you might as well not use it.
Having SELinux on, but allowing everything, isn't doing you any good.
It can even cause you problems:  Permissive mode isn't completely
permissive, it's been found.  And some people find SELinux slows their
systems down.

If you want to get it right, but aren't sure about how to do it, I can
see two simple options:  Write to the list with specific problem
examples.  or bugzilla the package, and get the maintainer to fix up
their package (might be the particular package, or the SELinux
policies).

I haven't really found SELinux to be a problem, I haven't had to go
fixing up things here, there, and everywhere.

I read messages from the public lists.