Re: Missing mplayer libraries (SOLVED)

On 17/11/06, Smith, Herb <herb.smith@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All,

Got Livna hooked up, got Mplayer going, plugin, skins, and all....very
sweet!
Thanks so much for your patience and help.

Had one issue with a permission denied on a thing called libavformat.
Some searching on the web indicated that this could be solved by
changing SELinux from "enforcing" to "permissive". I did that and it
works fine, however, is that a BAD thing to do?

It's a very soothing thing to do.  The 'correct' solution seems
to be to use chcon -t texrel_shlib_t on every file that has
this problem (use dmesg to hunt them down).  This solved
problems I had with video not displaying for RealPlayer
(among other things).

--
imalone