Re: Missing mplayer libraries (SOLVED)

On 18/11/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 15:48 +0000, Ian Malone wrote:
> The 'correct' solution seems to be to use chcon -t texrel_shlib_t on
> every file that has this problem (use dmesg to hunt them down).

I'm not sure I'd do that on "every" file that generates that warning.
Some of them probably shouldn't be allowed to do that, that's why
there's a restriction for that sort of thing.

I'm sure you're right, but I have no idea even what I'm allowing
them to do, and very little incentive to invest the time in SELinux
to find out how to make the decision. (And I'm sure that path
ends up with me trying to security audit every package on my
home machine which would be craziness.)

--
imalone