Re: Missing mplayer libraries (SOLVED)

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 20:27 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 00:46:48 +0000
> "Ian Malone" <ibmalone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I'm sure you're right, but I have no idea even what I'm allowing
> > them to do, and very little incentive to invest the time in SELinux
> > to find out how to make the decision. (And I'm sure that path
> > ends up with me trying to security audit every package on my
> > home machine which would be craziness.)
>
> That's why I use the must simpler approach of disabling selinux
> when I install and for good measure adding selinux=0 to the
> kernel boot options :-).
----
when OP actually shows interest in learning, there seems to be little
value provided to telling him just to shut it off - especially when
you've added two methods (i.e. redundant, unnecessary).

You only need to change /etc/selinux/config (see the file) or use the
'system-config-securitylevel' which will accomplish the same task to
shut SELinux off.

I will attempt to answer the OP's question directly though.

Craig