Re: ASUS P5B and FC 6 Install

Tom Browder wrote:

> I then attempted another installation--back to the graphical method.
> The other selections were the same and again I left the room after the
> installation of software started.  Again the system had stopped when I
> returned and the package being installed was "glibc-common-2.53.i386."
>
> At that point I gave up and reinstalled Windows Vista RC 1 and
> everything works fine (but I have not been able to install Windows XP
> Pro at all).
>
> I guess I'll try FC 5 unless someone has other ideas.

I had a somewhat similar problem
(on an entirely different machine)
and my solution was to do an absolutely minimal install in text mode,
and then run "yum update" and "yum groupinstall"
with the various groups given by "yum grouplist".

One of the updates was a new kernel,
and I suspect this might have worked better than
the one that came with FC-6.

On the problem with ethernet - why not put in another ethernet card
until it is sorted? They are very cheap now.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366