Re: MIDI

On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 22:43, Craig White wrote:
> ----
> > > In this instance, it's evident that if I don't have to run any specific
> > > Macintosh software on these systems, Fedora it is - even if I can't
> > > locate PPC based versions of things like flash/etc.
> >
> > As clients, you wouldn't have to worry about that since the
> > apps run on the server.
> ----
> +1 for thin client
> -1 for thin client because some applications run much better on client

If you want to work at it, you can run local apps on thin clients
although it is supposed to get easier in the next version.

>  take a good look at the k12ltsp distro which is essentially
> > fedora with the ability to boot thin clients included in the base
> > install.
> ----
> I've been on the mail list for a few years but have never implemented it. We have it as an option but to implement, we will have to buy 1 big iron system for the server.

I normally install their version as a matter of course instead of
the corresponding fedora or centos base versions.  Even if you don't
use the added ltsp/educational programs there are some advantages.
Since they are released a bit later, they are remastered with
current updates applied, some default settings are improved, and
there are scripted installs for some things like acrobat, flash
and webmin that save a little time.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx