Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 19:05 +0000, Alan wrote:
> > > Having a stable in-kernel API is complete nonsense. It would function
> >
> > May I ask how many years experience you have with kernel development
> > of any operating system? I wrote a small real time OS in 1984, and
>
> He's right experience or otherwise. A simple RTOS focussed on stability
> and a specific niche is not comparable to working on a large modern OS
> whose hardware platform is evolving rapidly and which grows in
> lines/minute. You can work out the effective man power on the 10 lines of
> debugged code/day rule of thumb.

Yes, but it is one thing to say you might need to make a binary
interface change every few years or on every even/odd minor
version number change.  It's something else to say you need to
change it daily or even in the middle of a distribution build
that itself has only a 6-month expected lifespan.

---
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx