Re: default mail app

At 7:27 AM -0500 11/10/06, Claude Jones wrote:
>On Fri November 10 2006 7:06 am, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Thats not true. GNOME and KDE just use their own settings. There is no
>> modifications done on them in Fedora so setting preferences in GNOME
>> wouldnt affect KDE at all.
>
>But wait. If I start with a fresh install, and open a KDE session, and open
>Firefox, and click on a mailto: link in a web-page, then Evolution opens up.
>There is no setting inside Firefox that will change that behavior. Nor, is
>there any setting in KDE Control Center that will change that behavior. In
>order to change the behavior, I have to
>run "gnome-default-applications-settings" from the command line. That seems
>to me, to contradict what you're saying...no?

On FC5, System -> Preferences -> More Preferences -> Preferred Applications
runs /usr/bin/gnome-default-applications-properties.  FC5 doesn't have
gnome-default-applications-settings.
TonyN.:'    The Great Writ     <mailto:tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      '      is no more.             <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>