Re: default mail app

On Fri November 10 2006 7:43 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Claude, I'm no FF expert, but I'm sure people have said before that you
> have to use the FF address line to set these preferences.  You know,
> something like the about: settings.  Sorry I can't be more specific.  It
> has definitely been said that for FF you *have* to make the change there -
> it ignores anything else.

Well, my experience is different. Paul Howarth showed me that trick about
using gnome-default-applications-settings to change the Firefox behavior. I
have never changed any settings in Firefox regarding the default mail client
to open - actually, I've looked for them on two or three occasions in
about:config and haven't found them. But, using the gnome applet always
works - it's one of the first things I do when I build a new box
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA