Re: default mail app

On Fri November 10 2006 7:06 am, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Thats not true. GNOME and KDE just use their own settings. There is no
> modifications done on them in Fedora so setting preferences in GNOME
> wouldnt affect KDE at all.

But wait. If I start with a fresh install, and open a KDE session, and open
Firefox, and click on a mailto: link in a web-page, then Evolution opens up.
There is no setting inside Firefox that will change that behavior. Nor, is
there any setting in KDE Control Center that will change that behavior. In
order to change the behavior, I have to
run "gnome-default-applications-settings" from the command line. That seems
to me, to contradict what you're saying...no?
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA