Re: default mail app

On Friday 10 November 2006 12:27, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Fri November 10 2006 7:06 am, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Thats not true. GNOME and KDE just use their own settings. There is no
> > modifications done on them in Fedora so setting preferences in GNOME
> > wouldnt affect KDE at all.
>
> But wait. If I start with a fresh install, and open a KDE session, and open
> Firefox, and click on a mailto: link in a web-page, then Evolution opens
> up. There is no setting inside Firefox that will change that behavior. Nor,
> is there any setting in KDE Control Center that will change that behavior.
> In order to change the behavior, I have to
> run "gnome-default-applications-settings" from the command line. That seems
> to me, to contradict what you're saying...no?

Claude, I'm no FF expert, but I'm sure people have said before that you have
to use the FF address line to set these preferences.  You know, something
like the about: settings.  Sorry I can't be more specific.  It has definitely
been said that for FF you *have* to make the change there - it ignores
anything else.

Anne