Re: [Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 18:04 -0500, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 14:44 -0800, Lonni J Friedman wrote:

Yeah, I'm the guy that dared to complain about the nvidia driver
situation.  Apparently everyone here is in love with how the nvidia
driver works with Linux.

I wonder if you guys know there was this operating system called Minix
that lots of people used and yet a lot of people had issues with.  And
people complained, but the guy that controlled Minix, he didn't listen
very well.  After a while this guy named Linus got pissed off and did
something about that... he started Linux.

You can read about it here.
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.minix/browse_thread/thread/d17798b3a6f9ab87/9324be651c822487?lnk=st&q=linux&rnum=2&hl=en#9324be651c822487

I'm just the guy complaining about Minix.  I'm not going to start a new
OS or even work on a new driver for the Nvidia hardware.  But I'm saying
that something needs to be done about the current situation, which is
more than the lot of you are doing.  The first step to changing
something is to identify the need.  I'm here saying there is a need to
do something different with the stupid Nvidia drivers.

Out.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.