Re: [Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 12:30 -0800, Lonni J Friedman wrote:

> That's because the kernel isn't what provides mouse support in X.  Its
> amazing that you can talk at all with your foot so far down your
> throat all the time.

Here is my post on the subject:

"Do you know that I have no idea what mouse driver my laptop runs ?
None.  I don't know the version, I don't know what its called, nothing.
I could look, but I don't have to !  When I install a new kernel, my
mouse doesn't quit working !"

I didn't say the kernel provides mouse support in X !  I said the mouse
doesn't quit when I change kernels !  I don't care what provides mouse
support !  That is the point, some things should be transparent to the
user !  Get it ?  I don't know a friggin thing about my mouse driver.
And it works.  It has never quit !  That is the point !  The Nvidia
hardware drivers should be the same way !

Thanks for once again attempting to cut me down and demonstrate your
superior Linux knowledge.  You totally missed the point of my post in
doing so, but hey, at least you got your jabs in !

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.