Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Kim Lux wrote:
> Its funny, we have people in the Linux community debating about whether
> Linux is ready for the desktop for the average user.  With this sort of
> issue still alive and well in Linux, the answer to that question is
> absolutely NO !

*Linux* is ready for the desktop. Whether Nvidia is (outside Macs), I'm
not sure. [1]

> In summary, I am totally frustrated with Nvidia with this driver
> situation.  I will never, ever buy a piece of Nvidia hardware again
> unless this situation is rectified.  I'd replace the Nvidia video driver
> I have but its built into the laptop that I otherwise love.

How much do you really need 3D graphics?

> Nvidia, its time to realease some code to the open source community or
> suffer the consequences.  The present situation is totally
> unacceptable.

Or at least give the Nouveau folks some help...

James.

[1] I'm *not* convinced that, with its current security problems, Windows
is ready for the desktop for the average user...

--
E-mail:     james@ | Please do not put sandwiches in the disk drive.
aprilcottage.co.uk |