Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Lonni J Friedman wrote:

You're joking, right?  You're declaring the intel X support to "work
very well, performance-wise" based on a game?  Serious workstation
graphics users have significantly higher standards.

No joke. For me it works very well, for what I want it to do, and for 95% of all users. I am not NASA or Los Alamos, however.

The average user who just wants decent performance (i.e., playable games) without upgrade nightmares (syncing kernels + modules, X crashes after distro upgrade, etc, etc) the Intel approach is painless and under-appreciated.

The free ATI and nvidia drivers were awful, for me - visible performance problems.

The closed nvidia driver works well, as long as you don't upgrade kernels.

I could never make the closed ATI drivers work, at all.

The intel driver appears to work just as well as the nvidia driver did, for me. And they JUST WORK!

- Mike